Each year, Career Connection AmeriCorps (CCA) Members commit to a year of service in the San Francisco Bay Area’s most high need communities. Members have the opportunity to create positive community change, obtain funds for education, and explore a career in workforce development or youth services while receiving targeted professional development. People are drawn to AmeriCorps for different reasons, but they apply for service because they are dedicated to change.
CCA Members are placed at partnering community based organizations that provide youth and young adults with opportunities for meaningful engagement and networking, skill building, and professional development. Members serve full time, becoming an essential part of site staff, providing support for youth that might include skills assessment, resume writing, application completion, interview skills, on-the-job expectations, career planning, conflict resolution, honoring diversity, and more. Members may also work with local small businesses and corporations to identify placement opportunities for job seekers.
The following benefits are available to our AmeriCorps Members
- $14,700 stipend (before taxes) paid to full time members throughout the term of service
- Education Award of $5,730 – granted upon completion of service and usable for college, trade school, or other educational expenses
- Forbearance on most existing Student Loans and payment of interest accrued during your service
- Health Insurance through Symetra
- Childcare Assistance – (to qualifying members), paid to an eligible provider of your choice.
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Members who complete one term of service with CCA will have the opportunity to become a certified Career Development Facilitator (CDF)
- Members who complete two terms of service with CCA will have the opportunity to become a Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP)
For more information. Please click here.
Source: AmeriCorps, July 27th, 2015