The Tutorpedia Foundation awards individual tutoring scholarships for low-income students in the Bay Area. The scholarships provide one free hour of 1-on-1 academic coaching and support for the entire school year (30 hours of tutoring), and is open to any K-12 student in the Bay Area. The deadline for applications is September 15, 2012.
General Scholarship Information (also available online at http://tutorpediafoundation.
To be eligible for a Tutorpedia Scholarship, students must:
- Demonstrate an academic need for tutoring (verified by a teacher on the application)
- Demonstrate a financial need for free tutoring (verified by a parent on the application)
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form: http://tutorpediafoundation.
- Complete an in-person interview with Tutorpedia Foundation staff
- Be able to commit to approximately one hour every week for tutoring from October to June (three unexcused absences will result in the revocation of your scholarship).
If you have any questions, please contact Tutorpedia at (415) 948-1585.
Source: Tutorpedia Foundation, September 5, 2012