Workreation is a student youth employment and training program that is an integral part of the San Francisco Recreation & Park Department’s mentorship program. The program has been created for youth ages 14‐17 & will accept youth who do not turn 18 before May 31, 2016. Can accept 18 year olds as long as there is proof that he/she will still be enrolled in high school for the school year 2016-2017. Candidates selected will be awarded a position and assigned to work for a park or recreation supervisor in one the following divisions:
- Recreation: Summer Day Camps‐ Serving as Junior Counselors at various city wide Summer Camps and Neighborhood Camps
- Recreation: Aquatics ‐ Working at one of the city pools, assisting Senior Swimming Instructors and Life Guards. Life guarding experience desired.
- Recreation: Facility Coordinating ‐ Assisting a recreation center Facility Coordinator with various tasks related to building operations.
- Parks and Open Space: Green Jobs ‐ Assisting in our parks, working with gardening and park staff, performing outdoor tasks.
- Administration: Clerical ‐ Performing administrative tasks in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Support Services, and other administrative divisions.
Workreation staff will work approximately 20- 30 hours per week. Schedules will vary depending on the assignment. Tentatively, the start date will be around beginning of June 2016 and the end date will be Mid-August 2016. The pay for these positions is minimum wage ‐ $12.25/hr.
Application Filing Period: OPENS on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
CLOSES on Friday, January 15, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
Tentative Interview dates: Saturday, February 6, 2016 to Saturday, February 13, 2016.