Click on any of the headlines below to get information about the specific topic.
If you need help and want to talk with someone, click one of the links under Hotlines below.
If you’re looking for a place to stay or food, click the Emergency Food and Shelter Services below.
If you need help with abusive people in your life or your family’s life, click Violence Prevention and Response Resources.
If you need help signing up for various services to help, like food stamps or other support services, click Public Benefits.
If you need help with legal issues, or immigration issues, click Legal Aid, Legal Services for Immigrants.
- Crisis and Suicide Lines:
- California Youth Crisis Line 1-800-843-5200
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention (415) 781-0500
- General Information Referral Lines:
- At the Crossroads 1-877-891-8187
- San Francisco Youth Line 1-888-977-3399
- San Francisco Mental Health Access (415) 255-3737
- Child Abuse/Domestic Violence Lines
- Sexual/Reproductive Health Lines
- Stand Against Global Exploitation (415) 905-5050
- Alcohol & Other Drug Lines
- Additional Lines
- Drop-In Centers
- Excelsior Food Pantry Program (415) 307-3346
- Larkin Street Youth Services Drop-in Center (415) 673-0911 ext. 252
- Larkin Street Youth Services Haight Street Referral Center (415) 522-1377
- Larkin Street Youth Services Diamond Youth Shelter (415) 567-1020
- Larkin Street Youth Services Lark-Inn Youth Shelter (415) 749-2968
- Huckleberry House (415) 621-2929
- Other Resources for Emergency Food and Shelter Services
- Resources for Domestic Violence Victims & their Families (shelters, counseling):
- A Woman’s Place (415) 487-2140
- Glide Health Clinic (415) 674-6000
- County Adult Assistance Program (CAAP) (415) 557-5723
- Food Stamp Program (415) 558-1001 or toll free at (877) 366-3076
- Social Security Administration Benefits
- CalWorks (415) 557-5723
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits Claims 1-866-333-4606
- Other public benefits