SF YouthWorks is Hiring School Year Interns
San Francisco YouthWorks is a unique high school internship program designed to expose youth to public service careers and build job readiness skills in a supportive environment. YouthWorks offers: Paid internships in city government ($12.25/hr), interns can work up to 20 hours a week of during the 2015 Summer session (early-June through early-August).
2015 Summer Program Eligibility Requirements:
– Entering the 11th or 12th grade for the 2015/2016 school year
– Live AND go to school in San Francisco
– Be able to work at least 6 hours per week, Monday—Friday between 9am and 5:00pm
– Have at least 130 credits (If you have less than 130 credits you MUST turn in a letter of recommendation from a counselor, teacher or service provider
– Commit to participate for the entire summer session (early-June through early-August) and will not miss a week of work.
Can attend mandatory workshops onTuesday or Wednesday from 4 – 6pm
– Can commit to participate for the entire school year session (Oct 2015– May 2016)
– Be able to present original documents to meet YouthWorks’ requirements.
Required documents are:
Social Security (must be original and signed)
Picture ID (CA ID, School ID, Passport, etc.)
Proof of Age (if ID does not list birth date) Valid Permanent Residents / Alien Card (if applicable)
Application Deadline: September 4th, before 5pm!
Application available at 2012 Pine St or click here.
Source: SF YouthWorks, August 4th